Tuesday 22 July 2014

Jasri Bali - JULY Sketch - Heather McMahon

Hi there,

I've just returned from a wonderful holiday in Bali. I'd really like to thank all my followers who kept on commenting on my blog posts even though I often didn't have internet access and couldn't return the favour. I'm honoured you kept the one-way communications alive!

Anyway, I'm back in the connected world now and thought I'd create a front page for my album about our trip. Yes, I went away for 10 days and took over 800 photos! I'm going to need a whole album!

My layout is based on the July sketch at Dusty Attic. Here's the sketch:
 
REMEBER YOU CAN JUST ENTER ON THE TOP
 RIGHT BY ADDING YOUR LINK
 (Yep, its that easy)


And here's my layout:



I've used lots of new Dusty Attic Goodies and plenty of stamping on this. For the title, I cut the 2014 from another title and coated it in Dusty in Colour Jungle Green paint. I coated the Bookman letters in Cranberry paint and the topped them both with a haphazard coat of Gold Nugget Tinby Metallic Melts. The effect this creates reminds me of the old rustic Balinese furniture that you sometimes see.

Here's a close up:


I made the flowers from Dusty Attic's Flower Layers #6. To get that motley effect I first spray painted them with white paint then stamped them Stampin' Up! water-based inks. These inks don't soak into the paint and they show all the texture. The downside is that they re-activate whenever a wet medium touches them so they can be messy to use. I took advantage of this by applying white paint in the centre of the flowers to create that streaky look. I rummaged around the bottom of my flower drawers and found a few flower centres to add to the chippie flowers.
For the smaller flowers, I simply painted them with Alabaster paint then added a light coat of Jungle Green to the centres.


Just as I was making this layout, some brand spanking new chippies arrived and I immediately added them to the page. For both the Page Pebble and the letters I simply stamped them with white ink. This left the recessed pattern as raw chipboard. I love this effect!



All the stamps are from Kaisercraft with the exception of the two smaller butterflies which are Tim Holtz stamps.

Here are the Dusty Attic products I used:
Flower Layers # 6 DA1078

Bookman ABC Set DA0666


2014 Year In Review DA1092

mini Blossoms DA 1090

Page Pebbles #8 DA 1113

mini ABC Tile Set DA1109

Thanks for looking. I can't wait to get stuck into the rest of my holiday pics now!

Happy scrappin'!

Heather


3 comments:

  1. Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever work and reporting! Keep up the wonderful works guys Ive you guys to my personal blogroll.....Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colours! I feel like I'm on vacation with all the lush foliage! :)

    ReplyDelete