Sunday 26 April 2015

Mood Board Inspiration - Jacqueline Moore and Helena Johansson

Hey Dusty Attic!!! It's Jacqueline here today to share with you my creation based on this month's moodboard. Many months ago ago I saw this Spoon Canvas by Finnabair, and I have been wanting to try something similar for a very long time. Oddly enough I never managed to find the right inspiration for it until seeing this month's moodboard here at Dusty Attic. The colors, the sunset, and the gorgeous clouds all played a part in inspiring my canvas.


I must confess though that this canvas is quite different from what I normally create. I have also decide to use my chipboards as a way of adding texture instead of major features.

You still have 5 days to get your entry in to win a $100 voucher from Dusty Attic just add your link to the right hand side bar.

April moodboard:


I have chosen to work with the Violet, Maroon, Red and Peachy/Gold tones of the Moodboard.
 




I have placed one of the corners from the Mini Corners #2.



Here on the right side of  the teaspoon handle I have used one of the larger pieces from the Wrought Iron Design Set.




Tucked in her beneath some lace, small random embellishments, and a piece off one of my Son's broken toys is one of the big Swirls from the Elegant Swirls #3.




Up the top here on the left I have placed a Mini Hinge.



Everything has been completely covered in gesso, then when dry I added color using Twinkling H2O Watercolors. I have added some shadows and painted the edge of the canvas using Dusty Attic Acrylic Paint in Soot.

That's it from me today!!!

Until next time!!!!


Dusty Attic Products Used:


Dusty in Color - Soot



Mini Corners #2



Elegant Scrolls #3



Wrought Iron Design Set



Mini Hinges



AND HELENA JOHANSSON


Here is the Inspiration Board for this month:


Don't you just love the colors and this amazing photo!?

Dusty Attic chipboard and flowers used for this page:

Branch #4 (DA1182) - painted white and then embossed with dark blue embossing powder
Branch #5 (DA1183) - misted with purple mist and then embossed here and there with bronze embossing powder
Stars #3 (DA1153) - painted white
Maiden Hair Fern (DA1167) - painted white
Dusty in Blooms in blue and purple
Dusty Roses in dark purple

Here are some close-ups for you:







Thank you for stopping by today!

xoxo

Helena


2 comments:

  1. Wow two beautiful pieces. I love the Finnabait inspired art piece that's amazing and the scrap page looks so magical! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great works and great mood board! Unfortunatelly the Linky has closed((. I think there is one more day.. so I would like if you will see my work on my blog http://vitulya.blogspot.com/2015/04/little-cutie-card.html

    ReplyDelete